Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rose in Clay Pot with Lapis and Green Apple. WIP


I've started a new still life painting yesterday. I choose for the setup a collection of natural and man-made objects. A rose inside a traditional clay pot, two pieces of lapis lazuli in a woven basket and a green Apple.

The arrangement was done in a controlled light environment to give the still life a dramatic look.
The first step was to transfer the drawing using charcoal powder and then draw with ink over the transferred lines. I've used sepia sennelier ink.

I'm in the process of adding an underpainting of Old Holland Burnt Umber and Cremnitz White to indicate the darks, halftones and lights.


2 comments:

  1. you used a nice idea. and the idea of flower in the port is awesome . please make some thing on Oil Painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you rajput008. I need to update the status of this oil painting and will do that this week. I'll look into the website you've listed and thank you for your time and comment. Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete